PS1 News: Square and Shueisha merge to form intriguing partnership. - PS1 News

Members Login: Register | Why sign up? | Forgot Password?

Square and Shueisha merge to form intriguing partnership.

  Square has recently announced plans to merge with Shueisha, a leading publishing firm in Japan. The implications of this agreement make it possible for Square to distribute the contents of Shueisha's popular Weekly Jump magazine using PlayOnline, and integrating the information as part of its online digital content. The executive members and official name of the subsidiary have not been confirmed as of yet, but the agreement is to become official by spring of 2001. Shueisha is expected to provide 70 percent of the initial capital funds needed, while Square is set to provide the other 30 percent.

   There is precedent for Squaresoft boasting plans to provide manga (Japanese comics) through its anticipated, albeit and delayed PlayOnline service. With Weekly Jump, the acquired publication, Square has the ability to feature popular comics such as Dragonball, First of the North Star, and Ruroni Kenshin. The company has given its dragging online service a shot in the arm with this announcement, as Square plans to have it running sometime in 2001.


11/20/2000 Bryan Keers

Put this on your webpage or blog:
Email this to a friend
Follow PSX Extreme on Twitter

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Google Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Digg Share on Google Buzz Share via E-Mail Share via Tumblr Share via Posterous

New Comment System

Legacy Comment System (0 posts)

There are no comments to display.

Leave a Comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

Latest Updates

Shadow of the Colossus Review
5d, 17h, 47m ago (2 comments)

Strikers Edge Review
9d, 18h, 27m ago (19 comments)

Okami HD Review
10d, 16h, 19m ago (6 comments)

Ultimate Chicken Horse Review
14d, 11h, 13m ago (16 comments)

Black Mirror Review
29d, 23h, 15m ago (23 comments)

Our Poll

How often do you visit the site?
Once a day
Several times a day
Every few days
Once a week
This is my first visit
I've never been here, even now I am not here

Previous Poll Results