PS1 News: Kutaragi tells it like it is! - PS1 News

Members Login: Register | Why sign up? | Forgot Password?

Kutaragi tells it like it is!

  In a recent Financial Times interview with the father of the Playstation, Ken Kutaragi, an incredibly brutal (and yet pleasantly truthful) statement was made by Kutaragi-san, as he completely stabs Microsoft's 18 inch VCR... XBox. First he tells the paper that 70% of next-generation console sales will be generated by Playstation 2, meanwhile GameCube and XBox make up the rest of the 30%, but the XBox has very little in that 30%. Basically retailers have complained that pre-order sales aren't even as hot as Dreamcast's were, ouch!

   "Microsoft was finished before it even got started," Kutaragi said. "They have no games." He continues, "Microsoft has put itself out of the game. Retailers in the U.S. are already disappointed. Microsoft does not understand the entertainment business. Retailers told me that on a dollar basis, they expect 70% of their sales will come from PlayStation [2]. The remaining 30% will come from Nintendo and Xbox but almost all of that will be from Nintendo."

   "The processing speed of their console is not fast enough and the graphics were rough," he added. "The next game platform belongs to Sony and Nintendo."

   Kutaragi has now acknowledged the fact that Nintendo will be his 'true' competition in the next-gen race, and NOT Microsoft. We'll try our hardest to get a hold of Kutaragi-san and score a little interview with him.


5/24/2001 SolidSnake

Put this on your webpage or blog:
Email this to a friend
Follow PSX Extreme on Twitter

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Google Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Digg Share on Google Buzz Share via E-Mail Share via Tumblr Share via Posterous

New Comment System

Legacy Comment System (0 posts)

There are no comments to display.

Leave a Comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

Our Poll

How often do you visit the site?
Once a day
Several times a day
Every few days
Once a week
This is my first visit
I've never been here, even now I am not here

Previous Poll Results