NBA ShootOut 2002 released for the PSX
989 Sports has announced the release of NBA ShootOut for the PSX, marking its latest installment in the basketball series. Claiming to have updated graphics and gameplay, Sony Computer Entertainment America had this to say of 989ís title.
"NBA ShootOut 2002 provides the most realistic and exciting basketball action available for PlayStation," said Ami Blaire, director, product marketing, Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. "With refined graphics and the best gameplay available, the 989 Sports team has developed a game that genuinely lives up to the high-flying action of the NBA."
NBA ShootOut details many features for fans of this series. The numerous features are as followed:
- Refined GamePlay and Restructured Artificial Intelligence (AI) bring fast paced NBA realism to life. Improved computer management of passing, clock, fouls and timeouts further enhance the realism of the game. Additionally, the computer AI will take advantage of gamer miscues and tendencies.
- Award-Winning Graphics including recognizable player models taken from motion captured movements of NBA athletes reflecting actual height, weight and body style. Arenas are designed to mirror reality while courts resonate realism with true lighting and sound effects.
- 18 1-Touch Player Controls include Screen, Auto Defend, Pump Fake, Special Dribble and more. Players won't get bogged down with cumbersome controller combinations and more advanced controls have also been simplified for better player movement.
- TV-Style Presentation now with a two-man booth featuring more than 100 hours of play-by-play from commentators Ian Eagle and Bill Walton.
- Playbooks Designed With NBA Stars include more than 450 team specific plays and sets designed to replicate every team in the NBA. Top NBA players consulted include Stephon Marbury, Chris Webber, Jason Kidd, "Bo" Outlaw, Robert Horry and more.
- NBA Signature Animations from more than a dozen NBA stars. Motion captured animations include everything from ball control and passing to shooting and rebounding and more than 50 signature dunks.
- Total Control Passing allows gamers to pick passes and get the ball to a specific teammate, or work the defense and kick the ball outside for the open three-pointer.
- Total Control Screening allows gamers to set a pick or call for a screen to give the hot shooter the open look.
- Touch Shooting helps players to refine their touch by using the shot meter to control the accuracy of the shot.
- Total Control Dribbling puts ball control in the palm of your hands as players go between the legs, behind the back or go for the cross-over dribble.
- Create Dunk will have gamers fabricating unbelievably unique dunks with bits and pieces of the most famous dunks in the game.
- Hot & Cold Streaks effect the game just like the pros. Hitting three consecutive shots to puts a player in the zone while missing three consecutive will cause a player to have trouble hitting from the paint.
- Create Player allows gamers to utilize player ratings to create an all-world talent or design a player to reflect their own characteristics.
- Play Creator lets gamers design their own custom plays and save them to a playbook for the ultimate offensive edge.
- Comprehensive Statistical Analysis allows gamers to track stats for teams, individuals and league leaders through the monitoring of comparison charts.
- Extensive Roster Management allows a gamer to edit the starting lineup, trade players or release and sign free agents to build a dynasty.
- Six Game Modes including Exhibition, Season or Playoffs in Simulation and Arcade modes, each with four levels of difficulty.
- Extensive In-Game Options allow gamers to control every aspect of the game from quarter length to fatigue, touch shooting, player ID and auto replays.
9/21/2001 Matt Stensrud