Enix launches Dragon Warrior VII campaign
Enix America Inc. announced today that it will be supporting its upcoming PSX title, Dragon Warrior VII, with a million dollar marketing campaign. The game will be released November 1 and was originally released in Japan as Dragon Quest VII. Also, with more than four million units sold, it became Japan’s best-selling Playstation console game ever, ranking third overall across all platforms. The new campaign Enix has planned will include an extensive print advertising campaign, co-op marketing ventures with leading video game retailers, online promotions and contests, innovative web site, and an extensive public relations campaign to mainstream media.
“The campaign behind Dragon Warrior VII represents our most aggressive push to date for a single product, as it targets not only the dedicated video game audience, but also strategic vertical markets as well,” said Paul Handelman, president of Enix America. “Additionally, we’ve integrated our campaign across several marketing vehicles to work in concert with each other for optimum awareness and excitement.”
Features of Enix’s Dragon Warrior VII campaign include:
· Extensive print advertising in leading video game magazines and targeted vertical publications such as DC Comics and Marvel Comics;
· Print campaign utilizes hidden messaging that drives consumers to the Dragon Warrior VII web site;
· Dedicated web site designed as an interactive storybook that reveals in-game features;
· Strategic tie-in with Sony Computer Entertainment of America in which Dragon Warrior VII is included on the Sony’s fourth quarter merchandising video and fall Jampack disc;
· Game featured on cover CD of November issue of Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine;
· Dragon Warrior VII is appearing on the cover of the December issue of Tips & Tricks magazine. The magazine appears on newsstands in November;
· Online promotions and giveaways with dedicated Dragon Warrior fan sites that reaches the core audience and spreads word-of-mouth;
· Extensive public relations outreach to mainstream media to include broadcast, print and online outlets;Co-op advertising with leading retailers that ensures Dragon Warrior VII is included in consumer direct mail pieces, Sunday advertising supplements, and in-store merchandising presence.
10/23/2001 Matt Stensrud