The #1 game in the country is...
It appears to be as no surprise to me but the number game in the country is none other than Chrono Cross. Square's flawless sequel to Chrono Trigger is without a doubt my top contender for Game of the Year, Chrono Cross has come a long way and it definitely deserves its spot at one. I highly doubt that any other game can beat out Chrono Cross this year. The second place holder is also no surprise again, and it is EA Sport's Madden NFL 2001, followed by Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins, Madden's rival Gameday 2001 holds at fourth, and NCAA Football 2001 finishes of the top 5. Here is the top ten rundown.
1) Chrono Cross - Square/EA - $39.99
2) Madden NFL 2001 - EA Sports - $39.99
3) Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins - Activision - $39.99
4) NFL GameDay 2001 - Sony - $39.99
5) NCAA Football 2001 - Electronic Arts - $39.99
6) Driver - Infogrames - $19.99
7) Digimon World - Bandai Digital Entertainment - $39.99
8) Legend of Dragoon - Sony - $39.99
9) Spec Ops - Take 2 Interactive/Rockstar - $9.99
10) X-Men: Mutant Academy - Activision - $39.99
Surprisingly the four month old Legend of Dragoon is still quite a money maker, and despite what other critics out there think or say, Legend of Dragoon is still a great game. And to finish this article up, I should also mention that Chrono Cross was not only the number one Playstation game but number one selling game through 8/13 to 8/19 as well.