State of Emergency ships!
Rockstar has finally shipped State of Emergency after popping the game with numerous delays. In addition they've completely launched the dedicated website which shows movies, screenshots and additional strategy on the game. This is your stop for all of your SOE needs as the official site features:
- Tools of Destruction: Showcased in this section is a sneak peek at some of the weapons offered in State of Emergency. They include environmental objects, pepper spray, molotov cocktail, grenade, AK47 Kalishnikov, mini gun, tear gas launcher, and the always popular rocket launcher. Grab some gear and get ready!
- New Strategies: The Missions section includes two new helpful strategies.
- Screenshots: Set 3 displays 30 new compelling screenshots.
- Movies: 10 new rampage filled movies show the full frontal assault that is encountered when a State of Emergency is declared.
The complete website includes these additional assets:
- Missions: So many missions, so little time. Learn about the mission objectives which range from eliminating corporation Death Squads and performing gang assassinations to escorting freedom agents to safety and protecting rebel operation bases from attack. If trouble ensues helpful strategies and hints are included in this section to get you through the mayhem.
- Freedom Movement: Civil unrest barely scratches the surface of how these citizens are feeling. Their once free lives have been ruthlessly taken from them and they won't stand for it any longer. Corporation rap sheets are included for all five playable characters in State of Emergency.
- Adversaries: Standing in the way of the fight for freedom are several gangs including the 3rd Street Killaz, Muerte 13, The Jade Hill Gang, The Mall Rats and more. Learn about their backgrounds as you will be sure to come face to face with all of these wild and wacky gangs.
- Screenshots: 90 mayhem induced screenshots show the various characters, fighting moves, weapons, areas and the comical cartoon style that State of Emergency has adapted.
- Movies: 20 fast and furiously paced movies, plus the official trailer offer a glimpse of the fast and furious gameplay in State of Emergency. Watch as hundreds of characters run rampant throughout Capitol City.
- News From The Front Line: All the latest information dished out by the press. Links will be provided to special features such as interviews, previews and reviews.
- Interactive Propaganda: Click on any of the flyers lying around and read the Corporation's forceful messages, wait a moment and watch as the flyer is defaced by the Freedom Movement with their own message.
If you want to help the citizens of Capitol City get their freedom back, sign up at: www.rockstargames.com/stateofemergency.
About State of Emergency:
"A shadowy Corporation has seized control of your country. The people have taken to the streets in protest. A State of Emergency has been declared. Now it's time to fight for your freedom. State of Emergency re-invents the old-school street brawler genre by combining over an unprecedented 250 rioters on screen with an endless array of special fighting moves, weapons and interactive environmental objects. State of Emergency's comical cartoon style compliments its over the top, arcade driven gameplay. Join the revolution today and reclaim your freedom!"
State of Emergency is sure to be the next Grand Theft Auto 3. Children under the age of 16 are NOT advised to play this game. Please be aware of this game's content. SOE should be in stores by the time you read this.
2/14/2002 Arnold Katayev