Ecco the Dolphin ships
Acclaim Entertainment announced today that it has shipped Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future for the Playstation 2. The game is an all-new aquatic adventure of epic proportions. In order to save the planet and win back his future, Ecco must travel through mysterious underwater worlds filled with puzzles, friends, foes and danger while in search of the stolen dolphin-power that he must recover from the far reaches of time and space.
"We're thrilled to expand upon our diverse array of product offerings for the growing PlayStation 2 audience, with this title that is truly unique," said Sarah Anderson, Senior Vice President of Brand. "Building upon its strong heritage as a million-plus selling brand, Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future delivers stunning graphics, immersive game play and an exclusive new control functionality, which will enhance replay value and will appeal to a wide audience."
Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future offers many exciting features, including:
- Sega's wildly successful brand makes its PlayStation 2 debut, delivering fully optimized graphics and gameplay;
- 34 meticulously detailed underwater worlds, each with unique themes and puzzles;
- Stunning environments, adapted from real underwater films and photographic resources;
- Realistic underwater sea life, including friendly turtles and whales, as well as menacing sharks and stinging jellyfish;
- Enhanced control scheme and in-game radar feature, offering a smooth gaming experience;
- Compelling science fiction storyline written by award-winning author, David Brin;
- Masterful soundtrack of ambient, mystical music created by British composer Tim Follin;
- Cutting-edge enemy artificial intelligence keeps gameplay fresh and exciting;
- Awarded "Best Adventure Game" (Sega Dreamcast) of E3 2000.
- Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future is currently available for the PS2.
2/28/2002 Matt Stensrud