David Beckham Soccer announced
Majesco has announced David Beckham Soccer for multiple platforms, including the Playstion 2 and PSX. Created by UK-based Rage Software, the game is scheduled for release in time for the World Cup 2002. David Beckham Soccer features over 200 top international and club teams. A "Train with Beckham" mode is also present, where players will be able to go through a series of tests arranged by David Beckham.
"Technologically advanced, David Beckham Soccer introduces gamers to the exciting and high-tempo world of international soccer at a time when soccer fever is peaking," said Ken Gold, Vice President of Marketing. "David Beckham is one of the most accomplished and recognizable sports figures in the world and we are pleased to be working with both David and Rage Software in developing one of the premier soccer games to date."
- Fluid, motion-captured player animations;
- Season Mode - play five full seasons that combine Domestic League, Cup and European Cup action;
- Three Arcade Modes including "Beat Brazil" and "Classic Match";
- Advanced system for free kicks whereby players can select one of several exciting set-plays;
- Hidden teams handpicked by David Beckham;
- In-game commentary from Ron Atkinson and Jonathan Pearce.
- Exclusive Xbox Feature: All-new, detailed stadium builder allows players to create their own arenas;
- Exclusive Xbox Feature: Create-A-Player allows gamers to create individual players and teams, and design their own sponsors and badges.
5/6/2002 Matt Stensrud