E3 2002: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 details
Following up to yesterday's Marvel vs. Capcom 2 confirmation, we have further game details that should interest you. Below is a list of impressive modes and game features that will be highlighted in the game.
- Real 3-on-3 tag team battle!
- More than 50 playable characters
- Team Hyper Combo - Allows three characters to perform Super Combos successively.
- Snap Back - Forces opponents to change characters
- Assist Type Select - Players choose their favorite assist attack
- Crossover Attack - Players can change characters in the thick of battle
- Crossover Assist - Waiting character rushes on screen to assist your playing character
- Crossover Counter - Waiting character performs lifesaving counterattacks
- Crossover Combination - Three characters perform a Super Combo simultaneously
- Advancing Guard - Allows players to push back their opponent
Players have access to 24 playable characters including Marvel favorites Cable, Marrow, Cyclops, Captain America, Dr. Doom, Rogue, Psylocke, Wolverine (bone claw version), Iceman, Spider-Man, Hulk or Venom, and Capcom characters Jill, Tron, Rubyheart, Son Son, Amingo, Hayato, Sakura, Guile, Ryu, Zangief, Anakaris and Strider. Hidden characters will also be available throughout the game.
5/21/2002 Matt Stensrud