E3 2002: Legends of Wrestling II announced
Acclaim Entertainment announced today that it will release Legends of Wrestling II this fall for the Playstation 2. Developed by Acclaim Studios , Legends of Wrestling II will feature all new match types and more than 65 superstars, including Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Bruno Sammartino, Bret "Hitman" Hart, Sid Vicious, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and Jerry "The King" Lawler.
"Legends of Wrestling was one of our most important brand introductions of 2001, and we are thrilled to return this holiday season with a sequel that promises to set a new benchmark in the category," said Evan Stein, Vice President of Brand. "Offering the biggest names in wrestling, incredible next-generation graphics and game play, as well as countless hours of body-slamming action, Legends of Wrestling II will be a 'must-have' title for gamers."
"Legends of Wrestling II packs the power of some of the best names in this business," added Hulk Hogan. "I can't wait to take my 24-inch pythons and lock-up with Andre The Giant and relive one of the greatest matches of my career."
Legends of Wrestling II features:
- More than 65 of the greatest wrestlers of all time;
- Cranium-crushing match types, such as 6- and 8-man Elimination Bouts, Cage, Battle Royal, Ladder, Table and 3- and 4-way dances;
- Never-before-seen $15,000 Body Slam Challenge with Big John Studd;
- All-new storyline and career modes, allowing players to battle throughout the United States and the world for the respect of promoters and fans while fighting for the heavyweight championship of the world;
- Fierce tag-team tournaments with great teams such as The Road Warriors, Steiner Brothers, British Bulldogs, Nasty Boys, Rock-n-Roll Express and more;
- Leverage the experience of some of the greatest managers in the business, including Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, The Grand Wizard, Captain Lou Albano, "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart and Mr. Fuji;
- Signature entrances and taunts for each legendary wrestler, including all new licensed music composed by "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart;
- All-new DVD bonus footage, including interviews with many of the legends talking about their famed careers, favorite opponents and more;
- Advanced ISP system delivering even more bone-breaking one-button combos and reversals for outstanding game play;
- Create-A-Legend returns bigger and better, allowing players to make their ultimate grappler;
- All-new dynamic cloth and hair technology enhancing the realism of the wrestlers' movements.
5/21/2002 Matt Stensrud