E3 2002: Burnout 2 details revealed
Following up a previous article this week that announced Burnout 2: Points of Impact would be coming to the PS2, we have in-depth features of the game and further details.
"Burnout 2: Point of Impact builds upon the global success of its predecessor and delivers an entirely new gameplay experience that will raise the standard in the genre," said Tom Bass, Senior Brand Manager. "The cars are faster, the tracks more expansive and the potential for danger has never been higher; this will be the racing game of the 2002 holiday season."
Game features include:
- Six exciting new United States-inspired locations, including Los Angeles, The Rocky Mountains, New Mexico and a busy international airport;
- Thirty-two new stages to drive;
- Fourteen all-new vehicles to race;
- Seven secret vehicles to unlock including police cars, 1950's hotrods and stock cars;
- Realistic weather effects, such as snow, rain and fog;
- Point-to-point races;
- All-new points-based championship gameplay structure;
- Offensive Driving 101, where you can "Learn to Burn" from the Burnout Driving School;
- All-new Pursuit races, allowing players to race a police car and ram opponents off the road;
- Vehicles can get air and earn boosts by jumping;
- Incredible all-new car crash and vehicle deformation system - tear up the traffic;
- New Custom Series Mode - race modified vehicles complete with body kits and decals;
- Awesome in-game soundtrack to help keep players rocking and racing;
- Intelligent traffic system, featuring three distinct types of driver behaviors;
- Unique new next-generation graphical effects - unrivaled on PS2;
- Vibration enabled controller compatibility, letting players feel every turn and crunch of the car.
- Also, movies such as The Fast And The Furious, Bad Boys, and Speed contributed to the development process of
Burnout 2: Points of Impact. Stay tuned for further E3 updates.
5/22/2002 Matt Stensrud