Slam Tennis announced
Infogrames has announced Slam Tennis for the Playstation 2. The game will be available this July and promises to be an exciting title for tennis fans. Slam Tennis features some of the greatest players in the world today such as Tim Henman, Carlos Moya, and Yevgeny Kafelnikov. Along with this, players are able to play fictional characters, which add a sense of arcade fun to the experience. The controls of the game are very easy, allowing players to pull off shots that they can only imagine.
Game modes include:
- A 1-player knockout game in which the aim is to progress through a series of increasingly difficult matches against a variety of opponents.
- 1 to 4 players compete in a one-off match or tournament, singles or doubles, with the players, arena and match settings of your choice.
- A 1-player game in which you compete against some of the greatest players in the modern game, in events across the world, with the aim of winning the Slam Tennis Championship. There is also the opportunity of unlocking a variety of rewards including bonus kits, hidden players and new stadiums.
- An opportunity to take a break from conventional tennis and try your hand at mastering the fun Challenge Games.
Sand, Sea & Serve:
- Destroy the beach balls with only the serve as your weapon.
Crazy Collapsing Columns:
- Use your full array of shots to collapse the columns before the clock runs down.
Bubble Bursting Bonanza:
- Burst the bubbles and build up the points in this ball-belting bonanza.
Rocking Ring Riot:
- Shoot the rings and rack up the wins in a nightclub like no other.
5/29/2002 Matt Stensrud