Midway Games announced today that Fireblade has shipped for the Playstation 2. The title is an all-new military helicopter-action game that features mission based gameplay. The military choppers are loaded with all of the weapons needed to save the world: Sniper Cannons, Swarm Missiles, EMP Weapons, Rail Guns and Laser-Guided Homing Missiles. Players get a chance to fly real attack choppers, as they must complete dozens of intense combat missions, with day and night objectives. The locations are all true to life and are extremely detailed; they include the Swiss Alps, Arizona Desert, Amazon Jungle, and the Arctic Circle.
"Fireblade delivers an original take on the helicopter combat game genre with intense, fiery missions that combine visceral combat and warlike strategic plots that will challenge the finest action gamers around," said Helene Sheeler, vice president of marketing, Midway.
Fireblade game features:
- Eighteen Missions in four campaigns in an amazing variety of lush environments including the Swiss Alps, Arizona Desert, Amazon Jungle and the Arctic Circle.
- Take the helm of two distinct choppers -- fly a carrier chopper for transport and rescue missions or pilot the Vendetta attack helicopter for assault missions. Each features a unique flight dynamic.
- Multiple deadly, hi-tech weapons including Sniper Cannons, Swarm Missiles, EMP Weapons, Rail Guns and Laser-Guided Homing Missiles.
- Feel the rush of turbo upgrades as the helicopter partially transforms and exhibits its blinding jet aircraft speed.
- Run silent in stealth mode, evade enemies with thermal imaging sensors and use the EMP weapon to disable mechanical equipment while remaining undetected.
- DVD content featuring a mini-documentary titled "The Roar of War," which was created from actual footage of combat helicopters in action.
6/17/2002 Matt Stensrud