Scheduled for release in the fall of 2002, the rally race title for the PS2, Shox, is looking to be a fun and exciting game for racing fans alike. With environments like snow, desert, or jungle landscapes, Shox is packed with 24 licensed high voltage vehicles as 6 compete for glory.
- Race with the real thing: test the treads of 24 cars licensed from famous makes like Audi, BMW, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Lancia, Ford, and Citroen. Unlock new cars through notching wins or putting one of your own on the line for a winner takes all gamble.
- Accelerate through three themed environments including Arctic Tundra, Arid Desert, and Asian Jungle. Each of the three worlds is divided into seven tracks built from multiple overlapping sections, so there's always new circuits to master.
- Speed is the name of the game, as key "Shox Zone" segments are tallied individually to win Bronze, Silver and Gold awards.
- Win and lose points based on speed, cornering, air, collisions, and race wins. Use these points to unlock new game elements in a never-ending quest for the perfect offroad car collection, new tracks, and new challenges.
- Multi-layered over the top audio elements add larger than life excitement as tires squeal, breaks grind, and engines rev.
- Wager with opponents in a high stakes duel to win their car.
- Up to 4 players can compete in a multiplayer split-screen mode.
- Review the highlights of the each race in the high energy replays and relive the rush!
7/16/2002 Matt Stensrud