NBA 2K3 features
While both Madden NFL 2003 and NFL 2K3 seem to be taking the spotlight for sports titles right now, Sega knows basketball fans are eagerly awaiting the NBA season. Promising the most realistic experience possible, NBA 2K3 looks to be the premium choice for hard court action. Below we have the complete list of features just released by Sega:
- ESPN Telecast Presentation - True to the sports fan, player introductions,game highlights, replays, scores and more are displayed in the famous ESPN style.
- Expanded Passing Game - Control pass type and direction, fake a pass and more.
- Exciting Low Post Game - Fronting, faking, pivoting and facing up actions, and a total control drop step you can use to change direction mid-move.
- Controlled Rebounding Game - Effectively block out opponents for a better shot at grabbing a board.
- Improved Street Mode - Take any NBA player from any team outside for some playground action with detailed environments, animated crowds and variable weather conditions.
- All-new Franchise Mode - Run your team. Recruit players, hire and fire coaches, develop young players, scout foreign talent and assess injuries.
- Advanced Animation System - Players move naturally and appear more dynamic with increased facial detail and lifelike expressions. New specular highlighting shows players getting sweaty over the course of a game.
- Redesigned Commentary - More accurate play-by-play, and more in-depth stats and performance comparisons.
- Enhanced Arena Environments - Animated crowds, mascots, and asst. coaches; more music, chants, and beats; and effects such as sneaker scuffs on the floor.
- New Steal Animations and Dribble Moves, and more than 50 new motion captured Dunks.
- Unique AI Slider Controls give you the power to truly customize your game.
- Extensive Playbooks with new plays that take advantage of teams' star players.
- Compete head-to-head online against players nationwide on the Xbox and PlayStation 2.
8/14/2002 Matt Stensrud