PS2 Greatest Hits update
PS2 Greatest Hits games are those that sell more than 400,000 units; once they become considered a Greatest Hit, they can sell for either $29.99 or $19.99, and the box art changes (with a red bar at top and a small half oval) to indicate the change.
Although it's been known since the summer of 2002 that Sony has come out with an assortment of Greatest Hits titles for the PS2, consumers still seem a bit confused about what it takes for a game to reach Greatest Hits status. For starters, games must sell 400,000 units or more and be available for at least nine months. Recently, Namco, Capcom, SCEA have released games for the Greatest Hits Collection, so we've listed below the entire list of games available. As the months pass, PSX Extreme will continue to keep you posted on games that are Greatest Hits material.
- ATV Off-Road Fury (Sony Computer Entertainment America)
- Dark Cloud (SCEA)
- Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (SCEA)
- Twisted Metal: Black (SCEA)
- Hot Shots Golf 3 (SCEA)
- Midnight Club: Street Racing (Rockstar Games)
- Smuggler's Run (Rockstar Games)
- Red Faction (THQ)
- Devil May Cry (Capcom)
- Onimusha: Warlords (Capcom)
- Resident Evil - Code: Veronica X (Capcom)
- Star Wars: Starfighter (LucasArts)
- Tekken Tag Tournament (Namco)
- Ridge Racer 5 (Namco)
- NBA Street (Electronic Arts)
PS2 games labeled Greatest Hits will retail for either $29.99 or $19.99.
9/10/2002 Matt Stensrud