BloodRayne ships to retailers
Majesco announced today that its action-thriller BloodRayne has shipped to retailers two weeks earlier than originally planned. Supported by a multi-million dollar "lethal erotica" marketing campaign, the game will be available for the PS2 in the next few days.
"Perfectly infusing all the essentials of an exceptional video game -- non-stop action, sex appeal, weaponry, and elements of the supernatural -- BloodRayne has the potential to become one of gaming's premier franchises," said Ken Gold, Vice President of Marketing. "The release of Majesco's first original title is a major milestone in the growth of our publishing business and underscores our commitment to creating high-quality gaming experiences."
"Set in the late1930s, BloodRayne introduces the sexy, supernatural Agent BloodRayne. An unholy union of human and vampire, Agent BloodRayne was raised and trained by a secret government agency to hunt down and eliminate supernatural threats. Now she must take on an occult faction of Nazis to prevent them from unleashing creatures of unfathomable terror in their quest for world domination."
BloodRayne features include:
- Non-linear game play through more than 40 levels and 3 massive worlds: Louisiana, Argentina and Germany;
- Special Dhampir abilities: Suck blood for health, use slow-motion, zoom and aura visions to aid in death dealing. Pull off fantastic acrobatic moves to bend the environment at will;
- Dispatch enemies with Agent BloodRayne's blades and kicks for awesome, acrobatic combat;
- Revolutionary control allows Agent BloodRayne to target multiple enemies with each hand simultaneously;
- Agent BloodRayne can use and carry any of her enemies' weapons, including guns, explosives and rocket launchers, and automatically drop and pick up weapons to optimize her inventory;
- Fast-paced combat against Nazis, mutants, swamp creatures, ancient parasitic monsters and blood-sucking beasts.
10/15/2002 Matt Stensrud