Everblue 2 Details
Capcom announced today a nice assortment of details concerning their upcoming title Everblue 2, the first diving adventure game for the PlayStation 2. Accordingly, players assume the role of an expert diver in search of the treasure that has haunted his family for generations. Everblue 2 nicely captures the realism of the ocean's depth, beautiful coral reefs, and engaging tropical sea life.
Everblue 2 includes the following features:
- Three expansive environments to explore:
- The Sea - Navigate and forage the main stage of the game to salvage numerous hidden treasures to exchange for various paraphernalia to help with future dives. However, beware of dangerous aquatic life, including the Lion Fish, great white shark, and eels, for they can cause damage and decrease Leo's health.
- Town -Barter anything found during your excursions at a nearby town for better equipment. Interacting with the townspeople may prove useful to acquire hints about the location of items or provide specific missions to complete.
- Sunken Ships and Caves - Swim inside the interior of these forgotten vessels and caves and discover more objects to vend for upgrading your diving gear.
Two "race modes"
- Drift Race - Be the first to win a one-lap race around an obstacle course.
- Salvage Race - Race to discover specific items from the sea within a time limit. Any object in your possession is yours to keep.
- Assemble a photo album - Photograph the environment during your underwater quest. Develop, choose, and edit up to 20 pictures to include in your album. If the town's resident photographer deems your snapshots good enough, you will receive special bonuses.
- Start an aquarium - If players take a photo of sea life listed on a Marine Life Chart, they can be placed in an aquarium for viewing at anytime.
Everblue 2 is scheduled to be released January 2003.
11/11/2002 Matt Stensrud