Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter details
Capcom announced today new details concerning Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter for the PlayStation 2. Scheduled for release this February, Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter is the latest installment in this RPG series and offers a whole new 3D-world look, an engrossing storyline, brand new stylized visuals, innovative gameplay features, and a new "survival" style of game play.
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter boasts the following features:
- "Survival" Game Play - Players are challenged with an abundance of enemies and a large variety of strategic elements such as deciding whether to fight or avoid enemies, or timing when to attack.
- New Visual Design - Capcom pushes past tradition and develops a completely unique visual style. This new style allows for stunningly clear and detailed characters and a game world that will bear new surprises around every corner.
- PETS (Positive Encounter and Tactics System) - A revolutionary feature to RPGs in which players can set up traps and decoys in the environment prior to going into battle against monsters.
- Combo System - An advanced combat system allows players to build upon attacks by connecting various weapon skills. As players connect similar levels of attacks, they execute a linked combo that inflicts bonus damage on top of the regular attack damage. Learning this system is the key to a successful journey.
- Ability Point System - All actions, including spells and attacks, cost Ability Points (AP's). The accumulation of AP's can be used to deliver more powerful attacks or combos.
- SOL (Scenario Overlay System) - What the player has accomplished up to a certain point carries over to the newly restarted game. Based on the player's previous accomplishments, not only do experience points and items carry over but additional in-game events and dungeons will appear so that players can learn more about the story.
11/11/2002 Matt Stensrud