Marvel vs. Capcom 2 released
Capcom announced today the release of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the PlayStation 2. The game features Capcom's popular characters and Marvel's famous super heroes fighting against each other in epic proportion with intense battles and matches. The game has numerous modes to play with three-on-three tag team action. From the Marvel universe players can choose from Cable, Marrow, Cyclops, Captain America, Dr. Doom, Rogue, Psylocke, Wolverine (bone claw version), Iceman, Spider-Man, Hulk or Venom. The line-up of Capcom characters includes Jill, Tron, Rubyheart, Son Son, Amingo, Hayato, Sakura, Guile, Ryu, Zangief, Anakaris and Strider.
"I'm glad to see this classic fighting game is available for the PlayStation 2 owners," said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom Entertainment. "Marvel vs. Capcom 2 offers players more than 50 playable characters, more than any other video game, and a wide variety of game modes. Where else can players pit an adorable Servebot against the maniacal powers of Doctor Doom or Jill, from Resident Evil against all time favorites like Spider-Man?"
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 offers the following enhancements and the return of popular modes of play including:
- Real 3-on-3 tag team battle!
- More than 50 playable characters
- Team Hyper Combo - Allows three characters to perform Super Combos successively.
- Snap Back - Forces opponents to change characters
- Assist Type Select - Players choose their favorite assist attack
- Crossover Attack - Players can change characters in the thick of battle
- Crossover Assist - Waiting character rushes on screen to assist your playing character
- Crossover Counter - Waiting character performs lifesaving counterattacks
- Crossover Combination - Three characters perform a Super Combo simultaneously
- Advancing Guard - Allows players to push back their opponent
11/19/2002 Matt Stensrud