VEXX hits store shelves
Entertainment announced today that it has shipped its anticipated action title
VEXX for the PlayStation 2. The game is developed by Acclaim's internal
development studio in
"VEXX illustrates our ongoing commitment to creating new intellectual properties that set industry benchmarks and deliver captivating game play experiences for consumers," said Evan Stein, Vice President of Marketing. "With incredible graphics, non-stop combat action and immense levels with puzzles and exploration, VEXX is the premier platform game of 2003."
VEXX offers features including:
- 9 extraordinary worlds, spanning tree canopy villages, mysterious caves, desert temples, underwater cities, frozen citadels and more;
- Over 70 player objectives throughout 30-hours of game play;
- Central hub system allows players to travel between worlds at their leisure;
- Free climbing mode allows players to climb uneven surfaces and dangle beneath overhangs;
- Day and night cycles with real-time lighting. Darkness changes the landscape and characters: enemies become more aggressive and the environments become more hostile;
- Ultra-responsive player controls that reacts instantly to player inputs: players can cancel a move midway through and fire off extensive combo attacks;
- Hidden sundials allowing players to change the time of day;
- Advanced environment mapping produce reflections, glows, and highlights on Vexx's metal gloves and knee guards;
- Highly flexible cinematic camera system;
- Epic soundtrack and stunning 3D surround sound effects.