Everblue released for PS2
Capcom announced today the release of Everblue 2 for the PlayStation 2. The title is an undersea adventure game and players assume the role of a diver in search of treasure that has haunted his family for generations. Everblue 2 exhibits incredible detail showcasing the ocean's depth, beautiful coral reefs, and tropical sea life. Players can also swim freely and photograph marine life, or start an aquarium by capturing the creatures. A full list of features is as follows:
Three expansive environments to explore:
- The Sea - Navigate and forage the main stage of the game to salvage numerous hidden treasures to exchange for various paraphernalia to help with future dives. However, beware of dangerous aquatic life, including the Lion Fish, great white shark, and eels, for they can cause damage and decrease Leo's health.
- Town -Barter anything found during your excursions at a nearby town for better equipment. Interacting with the townspeople may prove useful to acquire hints about the location of items or provide specific missions to complete.
- Sunken Ships and Caves - Swim inside the interior of these forgotten vessels and caves and discover more objects to vend for upgrading your diving gear.
Two "race modes”
- Drift Race - Be the first to win a one-lap race around an obstacle course.
- Salvage Race - Race to discover specific items from the sea within a time limit.
Any object in your possession is yours to keep.
- Assemble a photo album - Photograph the environment during your underwater quest. Develop, choose, and edit up to 20 pictures to include in your album. If the town's resident photographer deems your snapshots good enough, you will receive special bonuses.
- Start an aquarium - If players take a photo of sea life listed on a Marine Life Chart, they can be placed in an aquarium for viewing at anytime.