PS2 News: Tales Series Subsidiary Created - PS2 News

Members Login: Register | Why sign up? | Forgot Password?

Tales Series Subsidiary Created

   Namco announced today that it is planning on creating a company dedicated to the development of its RPG series Tales. The new subsidiary will be named Namco Tales Studio and is funded 60 percent by Namco. THe other 40 percent will come from Telenet Japan, as it is the codeveloper of the Tales series. Kiyoshi Nagai will become the company's new president, as he was Namco's consumer software sales department leader. According to representatives, the company plans to release a new game in 2003, as official production will begin April 1. Expect an official announcement sometime next week.

   Namco Tales Studio is the second game-development subsidiary made by Namco, with the first being Monolith Soft. It was established in 1999 and is responsible for Xenosaga.

3/31/2003 Matt Stensrud

Put this on your webpage or blog:
Email this to a friend
Follow PSX Extreme on Twitter

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Google Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Digg Share on Google Buzz Share via E-Mail Share via Tumblr Share via Posterous

New Comment System

Legacy Comment System (0 posts)

There are no comments to display.

Leave a Comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

Latest Updates

Shadow of the Colossus Review
10d, 10h, 3m ago (2 comments)

Strikers Edge Review
14d, 10h, 43m ago (19 comments)

Okami HD Review
15d, 8h, 35m ago (6 comments)

Ultimate Chicken Horse Review
19d, 3h, 29m ago (16 comments)

Black Mirror Review
34d, 15h, 31m ago (23 comments)

Our Poll

How often do you visit the site?
Once a day
Several times a day
Every few days
Once a week
This is my first visit
I've never been here, even now I am not here

Previous Poll Results