NFL Blitz Pro Details
Midway has announced recently that NFL Blitz will stray away from its arcade roots and will contain a more realistic feeling and simulated gameplay. The Blitz series will now feature 11-on-11 play with licensed teams, players, and stadiums. Terrell Owens will be the cover athlete and NFL Blitz Pro is also completely online. The company has assured its audience that the hard hitting style will still be present in the game, itís just that it will be less over-the-top.
"Taking NFL Blitz Pro online and adding NFL realism will give gamers and sports fans alike the authentic experience they have been wanting from the Blitz product line," said Helene Sheeler, vice president of marketing, Midway.
The list of features is as follows:
- New online features including head-to-head play, real-time online weather, and downloadable content.
- Standard 11-on-11 play featuring real players and positions.
- Combination of real life running plays (handoffs, pitches, reverses, and up-the gut-runs) and more aggressive Blitz-style plays.
- Download real-time weather stats from anywhere in the country and experience them in your game.
- 32 player, 10 season franchise mode that lets the player draft, trade, upgrade, release, sign free agents, and watch old veterans.
- Complete and updated rosters, schedules, uniforms, stadiums, and team captains.
- New and improved intelligent AI that does away with catch-up code.
- All-new motion-captured animations.
- New modes including Pro Bowl and Practice.
- Dynamic camera angles and more of a televised style presentation.
- Detailed stat-tracking from sacks, interceptions, yardage gained, and touchdowns scored.
- Inclusion of fantasy stadiums, characters, and drafts.
- Redesigned user interface that promise to be more intuitive.
- New color commentary that describes the action as it happens.
- Same over-the-top gameplay with an all-new running game and refined passing system.
- Redesigned controls that will be more intuitive and responsive.
- Full NFL license with real life NFL teams, players, and stadiums.
NFL Blitz Pro is scheduled for a fall 2003 release.