Ace Combat Zero In Stores Now
Namco Bandai has sent word that Ace Combat Zero" The Belkan War for the
PlayStation 2 is on store shelves today. A prequel to Ace Combat 5: The Unsung
War, Ace Combat Zero takes players 15 years into the past into the turbulent
events that led to the Belkan War. Players assume the role of a mercenary pilot
hired to fly for Ustio, a small country invaded by its militaristic neighbor
“Ace Combat Zero’s elite new features such as the innovative Ace style gauge system where the game changes based on the player’s style, and its increased wingman command, all help to meld Ace Combat Zero into the best yet in the series,” said Yoshi Niki, Namco Bandai's Business Unit Director. “We are thrilled to have this superior action title hit stores today.”
Ace Combat Zero features include:
- Advanced AI: Innovative Ace Style Gauge System factors the player’s style of flying and changes different facets of the game accordingly.
- Personalized Communications: Linked with the Ace Style Gauge System, the Radio Transmission System changes radio communications in real-time according to a player’s reputation. In-game messages from allies and opponents acknowledge the skill level of the player.
- Individualized Enemy Pilots: Brand new to the series, rival ace pilots give players a run for their money with individual flying styles and tactics that require players to elevate their skills to new heights.
- Enhanced Wingman Command: Wingman commands are now more advanced than ever as players coordinate battle tactics with their wingman.
- Retrospective Interviews: Cut-scene interviews of rival pilots comment on their encounters with the player, providing an in depth look into the enemy’s tactical mindset.
- VS Mode: Players dog-fight in head-to-head action against their friends to prove who is the true Ace in the group.
4/25/2006 Aaron Thomas