External Modchip to use PS2's USB port.
Our good friends at Console Source have informed us of a Playstation 2 modchip that plugs directly into the console's USB port. It is currently in testing stages, and is expected to ship in a matter of 2-4 weeks. This external modchip is called the NEO Key and it will have the same affect on your PS2 as did the NEO2 Modchip that was released earlier in March. Instead of soldering 8 wires onto your PS2's motherboard, you will have to solder only one. Also make note that the NEO Key will still keep both of the USB ports open, as it will have a 'pass through' port on it. Here is a list of features for this gadget:
- External MOD Device: Plugs into PlayStation2 USB Port.
- Will work on every PlayStation2 ever made anywhere in the world: USA/Canada/UK/Europe/Australia
- Requires 1 jumper wire to be soldered to the PlayStaiton2 mainboard.
- Supports PlayStation Originals, PlayStation CDR Backup Copies, Import PlayStation CDR Backup Copies.
- Supports PlayStation2 Originals, PlayStation2 CDR Backup Copies, PlayStation2 Import CDR Backup Copies.
- No PlayStation2 Laser Adjustment Needed.
- Equipped with USB Port pass through, making USB Port still available for other components.
- GameShark2 required to play CDR backup copies of PlayStation2 games.
- The NEO Key does not affect the DVD playback ability of the PlayStation2.