E3: SOCOM: Navy Seals announced by Sony.
Sony announced their incredibly gorgeous looking strategic action game SOCOM: US Navy Seals. They have showed off the game to the E3 audience today, and I must say that I am incredibly impressed with this game's fine visual presentation. Not only does SOCOM looks wonderful, it plays a lot like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six games do. Here's a features list for SOCOM, and check out the kick ass hi-res screens.
- Engage enemy terrorists with fellow SEAL team members via intense team-based gameplay.
- Association with the U.S. Navy SEALs provides realistic SEAL actions and mission designs.
- Fight your way through 16 unique missions in 4 richly detailed international locations.
- Take on terrorists in a variety of missions, including ambushes, hostage taking and rescues, search and rescue, demolitions, laser designating targets, night fighting, reconnaissance and clearing buildings.
- Utilize 30 different types of weapons, including the latest in handguns, assault and automatic rifles, grenade launchers, laser designators, explosives, remote controlled mines and night vision equipment.
- Battle through four unique play types ó Single Player, Cooperative Multiplayer, Competitive Multiplayer or play Online Multiplayer as either a SEAL team or a terrorist group.
- Incredible graphics allow environments to look amazingly realistic.
- Highly intelligent AI utilize all-new technologies for coordinated team tactics, hiding, ambushes and smart weapon and equipment deployment.
I'm expecting SOCOM to be released sometime during Winter 2001 or early 2002.