H2Overdrive announced for PS2.
Crave Entertainment has officially announced its upcoming PS2 title, H2Overdrive. With high-speed power and multi-player action, H2Overdrive hopes to accomplish not only a visually pleasing game, but also an over-the-top speedboat arcade racer.
"In the tradition of action-packed arcade racers, we are capturing the speed and excitement of kart racing but in intense and unusual water environments," said Holly Newman, Executive Vice President at Crave. "The unique atmosphere and various gameplay modes of 'H2Overdrive' will make for fast and furious fun, arriving on PS2 with a splash."
Races take place across the solar system, on rivers, lakes, manmade canals, frozen seas and tropical paradises. For the racers, the stakes are high, with lucrative cash prizes and even more lucrative corporate sponsorships awaiting the best.
H2Overdrive will feature:
- Several single player and multiplayer gameplay modes including Championship, Simple Race, Duel, Survival, Check Point, "Ghost," and "Cat and mouse"
- Ten huge, incredible tracks ranging from Icelandic splendors to an amusement park and even the human body
- Ten out-of-this-world characters, each rendered in real-time 3D at the controls of their vehicles
- Ten insane vehicles, each with custom equipment
- Tons of fanciful secret areas, weapons and hidden tracks
- Beautiful graphics, enhanced by environment mapping, dynamic lighting for boats and characters, procedural water, water spray, and water deformation effects, and scenery lens flare (sun light)
- Optimal competition: with AI that picks its ideal course on the fly, no two races will ever be the same.
7/12/2001 Matt Stensrud