Hulk Hogan signed as spokesperson for Legends of Wrestling
Acclaim Entertainment has announced the signing of Hulk Hogan as their official spokesperson for the PS2 title Legends of Wrestling. The game brings together 40 old-school wrestlers in a tournament to see who is the ultimate legend. Included in the game are: Bret “Hitman” Hart, Jerry “The King” Lawler, Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka, George “The Animal” Steele, King Kong Bundy, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, Rob Van Dam, The Road Warriors, Terry Funk and, of course, Hulk Hogan who will be involved in major marketing and advertising campaigns.
“Hulk Hogan is known throughout the world as the most recognizable icon in the sports entertainment industry and is truly a living legend,” said Steve Felsen, Senior Director of Brand for Acclaim Entertainment. “We are thrilled to have him join our roster of superstars, who are poised to deliver one of the most exciting wrestling games ever for the next-generation systems.”
“I’m proud to work again with Acclaim and be a part of ‘Legends of Wrestling,’” said Hulk Hogan. “This game is testimony to the many talented wrestlers who have spent their entire careers entertaining generations of fans inside the squared circle.”
The game’s features are as followed:
- Brand new game engine designed, developed and delivered exclusively for use on the next-generation hardware platforms.
- Revolutionary Intermediate Start Position (ISP) System, which enables players to link moves together for lethal single-button combinations and superior game play.
- First-ever “Create-a-Legend” enables the deepest wrestler customization in the history of wrestling video games;
- First-ever in-depth match analysis and career guidance by wrestling’s greatest managers, including Captain Lou Albano and “The Mouth Of The South” Jimmy Hart
- Multiple action-packed matches, such as Three- and Four-Way Dances, and special guest referees.
- All-new, larger-than-life character models bring the greatest wrestlers and their signature moves into the ring for hours of fun.
- Interactive wrestler entrances with announcer introductions, crowd responses and authentic taunts.
- All-new Singles and Tag-Team career mode that takes players across the United States and throughout the world to battle for wrestling’s top titles.
- Wrestle in and out of the ring, with 10 venues and all-new weapons.
- All-new “Create-a-Stencil” lets players add logos, tattoos and text to the ring attire of their favorite legends, as well as Acclaim’s signature “Create-a-Stable” feature.
- TV broadcast presentation with all-new camera angles and cut scenes, delivering the best views of the heart-pounding action.
10/10/2001 Matt Stensrud