FFX hits #1 for sales
Square Electronic Arts, the exclusive publisher for SquareSoft in North America, announced today that Final Fantasy X is the #1 selling videogame in the US over its first week of release. FFX is now one of the largest debuts for a PS2 title since the console's launch.
GameStop, Inc., operators of Babbage's, Software Etc, GameStop and Funcoland stores reports significant sales of the title. "We've seen a terrific response to Final Fantasy X at our stores and online at gamestop.com," said Doreen McKenzie, Director of Merchandising, Video Games. "Final Fantasy X has pre-sold more units than any other PlayStation 2 title to date. Copies of the game have flown off the shelves throughout the holiday shopping frenzy. This title is a must have for all PlayStation 2 owners."
Final Fantasy X has received outstanding reviews for its graphics, presentation, characters, storyline development and has earned the following review scores:
- 10 out of 10 - PSXExtreme.com
- 9.5 out of 10 - IGN.com
- 9.3 out of 10 - Gamespot.com
- 9.5, 9.5, 9.0 out of 10 (based on three reviews) and EGM Gold - Electronic Gaming Monthly, February 2002 issue
- 5 out of 5 - Official PlayStation Magazine, February 2002 issue
- Graphics 4.5, Sound 5, Controls 4.5, Fun Factor 5, all out of 5 - GamePro, February 2002 issue
- A+ - GameNOW, January 2002 issue
- 9.75 out of 10 - Game Informer, January 2002 issue
- 10 out of 10 - PlayStation Magazine, January 2002 issue
1/7/2002 Matt Stensrud