Acclaim announces Vexx
Acclaim released information on its action-platformer Vexx for the first time, as it was previously known to the public as Jinx. The game was originally only intended for the Xbox, but will debut for PS2, Xbox and GameCube this October. The game's story mode will feature 18 levels. Players will have to traverse a variety of unique environments, as they will find themselves traveling through caves, deserts, and underwater cities. Acclaim promises to include hidden multiplayer games that are unlocked as the player progresses through the single player world.
- 18 extraordinary levels span tree canopy villages, mysterious caves, desert temples, underwater cities, deadly volcanoes, and more
- Hidden multi-player party games unlocked as players progress through the single player world
- Free climbing mode allows players to climb uneven surfaces and dangle beneath overhangs
- Each level's distinguishing landmark can be viewed from anywhere in the world in realtime
- Day and night cycles with real-time lighting. Nighttime changes the landscape and characters: enemies become more aggressive and the environments become more hostile
- Ultra-responsive player control that reacts instantly to player inputs: gamers can cancel a move midway through and fire off extensive combo attacks
- Hidden sundials allowing players to change the time of day
- Advanced environment mapping produce reflections, glows, and highlights on Vexx's metal gloves and knee guards
- Clothes, hair, and trees respond dynamically to the environment
- Highly flexible cinematic camera system
- Epic soundtrack and stunning 3D surround sound effects
- Vexx is currently on schedule to be released in October 2002.
1/14/2002 Matt Stensrud