Formula One 2001 Preview
Sony has announced that their Formula One 2001 title will be brought over to the US this year, somewhere around October, under the 989 Sports brand. This is will be Sony's first Euro to domestic PS2 game, and hopefully WipeOut Fusion and The Getaway follow suit. Sony's Formula One 2001 title has been dubbed the 'Gran Turismo of F1 titles,' and by the sales and reviews it's easy to see why! Many UK based web-sites have already praised F1 2001, and it looks like us American folk will finally get to see what the fuss is about. F1 2001 is a technologically advanced game that pleases the eye with absolutely drop-dead gorgeous visuals. UK based and Sony owned, Studio Liverpool has created one of the most breathtaking racers on the market.
F1 2001 is 100% authentic Formula One racing. The game features fantastic looking F1 models, that are based on their actual real-life counterparts. For any of you who have earned an F1 car in GT3, or at least have seen what one looks like in the game, expect the level of detail to look even better in Formula One 2001. The vehicles feature more attention to detail and than ever before and as weird as it sounds, the tires look amazing. The texture detail in F1 is astounding, simply put; it's drop dead gorgeous! There are tons of building structures in the environments, and none of them cast the same shadow. As you race through exotic locations you will be treated to visual utopia, trust me folks, you haven't experienced an F1 title like this, just yet.
F1 2001has been touted as the best F1 sim on the market. I've seen footage of the game in action and I was extremely pleased at what I was witnessing. It was a silky smooth game engine, the controls seemed fluid and never dragging, and the gameplay itself was quick, I was in awe. It made me wish that I had a PAL based PS2, but then I thought two domestic and one Japanese is enough.. Luckily, Sony announced the release of the fabulous looking F1 game. Here's the full list of features the game will grant you:
- Formula One 2001 includes all the race teams, 22 drivers and 17 Grand Prix tracks of the 2001 FIA Formula One World Championship.
- To enhance the authenticity, Formula One 2001 allows players to choose between 11 different teams, including Ferrari, McLaren (Mercedes) and Williams (BMW).
- In addition, Formula One 2001 puts you in the driver's seat by providing the user with each driver's unique attributes that simulate their real-life skills, whether it's being aggressive, smooth, fast in the rain or efficient in managing tire wear and car preservation.
- There will be various modes of play including: Quick Race, Two-player, Time-attack, Grand Prix, Single Race, full Race Weekend, or World Championship.
- Incredible, lifelike Driver Artificial Intelligence -- based on more than 30 different parameters compiled by F1 professionals; bringing the grid to life and introducing rivalry, aggression, experience and determination.
- Customize the starting grid before each race to one's liking.
- Re-create famous grids from classic F1 races, or improve one's own starting position.
- Fully customizable car setup -- the ability to tweak the suspension, change tire compound, add more front wing or change gear ratios and more.
- Four different difficulty levels -- choices include, Novice, Amateur, Semi Pro and Pro skill level.
- Real time weather conditions -- both wet and dry conditions that adds excitement and a new challenge to one's driving skills.
- Bar raising level of detail -- full 17 man pit crews, waving flags and camera flashes in the grandstands, accurate individual driver cockpits and custom photo-realistic textures take Formula One 2001 to a new level.
- Groundbreaking physics and dynamic models deliver one of the most accurate simulations of the most advanced motorsport in the world.
Please stay tuned for screenshots of Formula One 2001. We will bring them to you as soon as possible.