Medal of Honor: Frontline Preview
Electronic Arts has informed us of an array of new details concerning Medal of Honor Frontline for the PS2. The game takes place in between the third and fourth missions of the previous Medal of Honor titles, and is a first-person shooter (FPS) that will contain extraordinary environments and very dynamic levels. Medal of Honor Frontline is currently 50-60% complete in development and is continuing to expand in terms of visual reality and detail. The soldiers in the game will have incredibly real facial textures that enhance the overall presence of this title and incorporate a structure that has not been seen before by this Playstation series. Also, when before only two or three enemies could be on screen at once, EA is stating that up to 15 enemies will be allowed on screen for you to battle against. This element alone makes Medal of Honor Frontline a step ahead of almost all FPS titles out right now, but EA has provided us with even more information that will continue to impress gamers of all sorts.
Medal of Honor Frontline features Lt. Jimmy Patterson as your progressive character, as it is his task to infiltrate the German front line and retrieve the code for Nazi flying wings. The game contains five missions and three individual levels while you search for the code-named HO-IX. In terms of weapons, the liberator pistol, panzerschrecxk, and MS42 are just a few on the many weapons Lt. Patterson has at his disposal. Medal of Honor Frontline is easily shaping up to be one of the most exciting FPS games to be released.
The title showcases an amazing portrayal to a World War II atmosphere and utilizes every function of the Playstation 2. Medal of Honor Frontline utilizes advance lighting techniques and has some truly awe-inspiring music and sound effects. The game has an all new original score from the award-winning Michael Giacchino and sound effects by the AIAS award winning design team. Expect a very technical and overall well -executed title from the people at Electronic Arts. Medal of Honor Frontline will be a game that you will remember for the PS2.
- 15 missions, based on real events that occurred during World War II.
- Fully realized 3-D worlds, using the advanced capabilities of the PlayStation 2.
- Over 20 weapons, including the Liberator, Panzerschrek, MG42, B.A.R. and special "weapons" like a disguise kit and a fake ID.
- Attack enemy units alone and as part of a crack military squad.
- Communicate with friendly units to organize deadly tactics - or take out the enemy's commander to throw the troops into disarray.
- Intense non-combat-based missions, such as a disguised infiltration of a German-held Dutch manor house.
- Original orchestral score by Medal of Honor composer Michael Giacchino.
- Sound effects by the award winning Medal of Honor sound design team at EALA.
- Realistic WWII feel with the assistance of the Smithsonian's HO-IX expert Russ Lee and technical consultant Capt. Dale Dye.
The expected release date for Medal of Honor Frontline is June 2002, as EA is already in the process of Medal of Honor: Fighter Command, a flight-combat simulator.
12/11/2001 Matthew Stensrud
|03/14/01||Medal of Honor: Frontline||SolidSnake|