New Devil May Cry 4 Details In PSM
The latest issue of PSM has plenty of new info concerning Capcom's upcoming action slasher, Devil May Cry 4 for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Some of the details we might have expected, but others are quite unexpected and even intriguing in their own special way.
Check out the highlights:
- Series staples remain intact and everything runs at a constant 60fps. We're not really sure of the exact definition for "staples," but it still sounds like good news.
- The arrival of environmental destruction! Yes, that's right, we'll finally bust up things other than enemies.
- New characters will be unlocked upon completion of the game. ...um, how about Sparda?
- Supposedly, the camera is "more cinematic" now, but again, we're not entirely sure what that means. Do we have some control? Or does it simply move more often?
- They're using the same graphics engine found in Dead Rising as the foundation of the visuals in DMC 4.
- Dante and Nero do not play the same. Apparently, the two are very different when it comes to combat.
- Dante will have the four skills from DMC 3 returning: Gunslinger, Swordmaster, Royal Guard, and Trickster.
- Some of the moves available this time around: Charge Shot (for your guns), Exceed (build an EX-gauge for extra power), High Roller (the air juggle), Streak (strong forward thrust), Buster (unclear), and Hell Bound (grappling/non-combat).
This game is going to rock, plain and simple.
Related Game(s): Devil May Cry 4
4/4/2007 Ben Dutka