Nomura Talks Technical Improvements In Versus XIII
Okay, it has been a good year...a solid year, Square Enix. One year since we heard you'd officially unveil Final Fantasy Versus XIII with hordes of new information.
Guess that Final Fantasy XIII-2 project got in the way, huh? Well, at least we can squeeze a few updates out of producer Tetsuya Nomura, who gave Famitsu some fresh updates.
The list of information may or may not encourage long-time followers of the series. It looks all positive but it's also somewhat vague in regards to gameplay specifics, which is what we really want.
- Graphics have been improved
- Real-time rendering improvement
- Ratio of in-game (real time) and pre-rendered cutscene events is 7:3
- Visual Works making pre-rendered cutscenes
- Cutscenes wonít interfere with gameplay
- Scene in which Noctis encounters Stella is now pre-rendered (this way it wonít interfere with gameplay)
He wouldn't say when everything would be made official, but that's nothing new. The main question is, after FFXIII and FFXIII-2, will some of the annoyed fans get excited again for a game with "Final Fantasy" in the title? Or are they just waiting around for Kingdom Hearts III?
Related Game(s): Final Fantasy Versus XIII
1/18/2012 9:03:27 PM Ben Dutka