Journey Collector's Edition Dated, Priced
We were so excited to hear about the Blu-Ray Journey Collector's Edition that it prompted last week's poll question.
And now we're even more excited because developer Thatgamecompany has made the official announcement.
The Collector's Edition in question, which will feature all three of the talented studio's PlayStation Network titles - flOw, Flower, and Journey - will be available in stores for the PlayStation 3 on August 28 in North America (dates for other territories forthcoming). And for a price tag of only $29.99, we get a seriously awesome package:
- 30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
- Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
- Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
- Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
- Original soundtracks for all three games
- PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
- PSN avatars including 8 exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
- Official game trailers and developer diary videos
- Reversible cover art
The commentary play-throughs seem like a fantastic idea and the three exclusive mini games have a unique distinction: Each one was created by Thatgamecompany in what they called a "24hr Game Jam." That's right, the game was created and completed in the span of one day. The mini experiences are Gravediggers, Nostril Shot, and Duke War!!
Man, gotta get this.
Related Game(s): Journey
6/25/2012 10:05:56 AM Ben Dutka