Square Enix Average Salaries Double That Of Other Japanese Devs
Well, actually, according to the numbers, it's more than double.
According to recent findings by analyst company Nensyu Labo, Square Enix employees draw by far the highest salary of any game maker in Japan.
The average salary of a Square Enix employee is 21.68 million yen per year, which translates to $273,057. Sony comes in at a distant second (9.23 million yen or $116,253), and then comes Nintendo, Sega Sammy Corporation, Konami, and Namco Bandai, who are all relatively close (between 9.14 million and 6.40 million yen). Here's the top ten:
- 1. Square Enix -- 21.68 million
- 2. Sony -- 9.23 million
- 3. Nintendo -- 9.14 million
- 4. Sega Sammy Corporation -- 8.22 million
- 5. Konami -- 6.78 million
- 6. Namco Bandai Holdings -- 6.4 million
- 7. Tecmo Koei Holdings -- 6.15 million
- 8. Gala Japan -- 5.91 million
- 9. Capcom -- 5.71 million
- 10. Yuke's Future Media Creators -- 5.65 million
Maybe it's because Square Enix just doesn't have a lot of low-income positions at their company, while giant companies like Sony have a hundred janitors and secretaries to bring the average down. That's just a theory, though. Whatever the reason, if you're in the industry, you might want to try applying to Square Enix...like, tomorrow.
6/29/2012 10:24:34 AM Ben Dutka