Black Ops II Game Director Hands Out More Multiplayer Details
Of course, multiplayer is the focal point of Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Therefore, you'll probably want as many details as humanly possible.
Thankfully, game director David Vonderhaar hasn't been shy about delivering a bunch of new info via his Twitter page. If you want a full summary of all the tidbits he let drop, head over to Gameranx; here are a few of the highlights:
- Black Ops 2 will now have Global Stats leaderboards
- Playlists are no longer gated by levels
- Music volume can now be adjusted
- You cannot have two of the same Scorestreak Rewards unless one is from a Care Package
- Players can set one of the game modes to launch on default (Campaign, Zombie Mode, Multiplayer).
- Black Ops 2 will ship with 14 multiplayer maps (15 if you count the pre-order bonus Nuketown 2025)
- You don't need to be in a party to enter League Play matches
- Players can make and store multiple emblems and then "apply" the one you prefer -- a fan-requested feature that's now a reality
If you've been out of it for a while, you might not know that the biggest game of the year is coming out on November 13. However, for those who don't have any interest in multiplayer, I say do something to thumb your nose at this new mega-trend; I say start up a new game of some old, story-driven RPG or something. Yes. That's what I say.
Related Game(s): Call of Duty: Black Ops II
10/29/2012 9:45:03 PM John Shepard