PlayStation Bid For Greatness Auction: Check The Winners
The idea was great: Use your hard-earned Gold Trophies as currency to bid on real items in a PlayStation "Bid for Greatness" Auction.
But sadly, as is so often the case these days, that good idea was marred by idiots who had to cheat. It's too bad, but Sony has taken the appropriate strides to deal with the issue.
And now that it's all said and done, the goodies have been given away (with a few winners still pending). Check out how many Gold Trophies were needed to pick up these great collectibles; the winners needed lots:
- Killzone: Shadow Fall Black Hand Outfit – 1,011 Gold Trophies
- The Last of Us Infected Clicker Costume – 709 Gold Trophies
- PlayStation End Scene Concept Art – 840 Gold Trophies
- Skyrim Dragonborn Dagger – 753 Gold Trophies
- Diablo III Witch Doctor Mojo – 1,125 Gold Trophies
- PlayStation Crane Scene Concept Art – 1,055 Gold Trophies
- Diablo III Witch Doctor Cursed Skull – 1,200 Gold Trophies
- inFamous: Second Son Delsin Rowe’s Outfit – 814 Gold Trophies
- Skyrim Dragonborn Shield – 1,194 Gold Trophies
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Captain Kenway’s Cutlass – 1,294 Gold Trophies
- Skyrim Dragonborn Sword – 1,111 Gold Trophies
- Skyrim Dragonborn Stalhrim Mace – 955 Gold Trophies
- Diablo III Witch Doctor Ceremonial Garb – 1,297 Gold Trophies (Winner Pending)
- Killzone: Shadow Fall Helghast Sniper Outfit – 2,000 Gold Trophies (Winner Pending)
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Captain Kenway’s Outfit – 1,907 (Winner Pending)
That's cool and all but I'm sorry, I didn't have enough time to compile that many Gold Trophies. In all honesty, I'm not sure I want to meet the person who does. That's probably unfair but, well...
8/6/2013 10:33:34 PM Ben Dutka