Grand Theft Auto Online Patch Available, Fixes Galore
Rockstar worked as quickly as possible, and now the epic Grand Theft Auto Online might actually be playable.
Per the developer's website, an all-important update for GTAO is now available for the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360.
The list of fixes and repairs is substantial; check 'em out-
- Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
- Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
- Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
- Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
- Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
- Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
- Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
- Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
- Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
- Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.
Here's hoping that GTAO is an experience mostly devoid of massive frustration, and players can finally appreciate the vastness of the world and the possibilities within it. A game with such huge potential shouldn't be crippled by such annoying glitches, but Rockstar warned users that they should anticipate some "growing pains."
Related Game(s): Grand Theft Auto V
10/5/2013 10:49:30 AM Ben Dutka