PS3 Firmware Update 1.90 Released (UPDATED)
Update: Sony has officially confirmed this update, and says it will be available "in a few days" in the U.S. Yay!
The firmware updates just keep coming, and the most recent is apparently already available in Japan, so says Kotaku.
This latest update includes a horde of goodies; some of them are kinda trivial while others are probably greatly appreciated by PS3 owners. The full list of enhancements, additions, and updates is below:
- Ability to rearrange games on the XMB
- Option menu now includes "eject disk"
- Press triangle to eject games/CDs/movies in the XMB
- XMB backgrounds
- Change the folder classification
- Change CD output to 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz
- Force 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI
- Change PS3 video settings in-game
- "Bit Mapping" in the "Music Setting"
- Save AVCHD type animations from a Memory Stick
- Change settings like upscaling while playing PS and PS2 games
- Add bookmarks
- Web browser security function in the browser's tool section
- Avatar moves during audio visual chat
As you can see, there are a couple of new ways to eject a disc from the machine (other than actually standing up and hitting the button), and the great option to change PS3 video settings in-game. It's a sweet-looking update, so let's hope other regions receive it shortly.
7/23/2007 Ben Dutka