Star Ocean 4 Details Emerge
Star Ocean 4 has been revealed, and we've got a horde of new details (source: Gamers-Creed) plus one very interesting announcement: the game will only be available on one console. That's right, SO4 will be exclusive to...well, something. Square-Enix hasn't said which console it will be for just yet, but perhaps that's something we can hope for in the very near future. Rumor has it that the game needs the power of either the PS3 or Xbox 360, so it probably won't be a Wii title.
As for those details, they've been flying around the Internet faster than Christmas fruitcakes through the mail, and that's because RPG fans know the name "Star Ocean" very, very well. Check out the list-
- The game "isnít that far off;" it's already well into development.
- They'll talk more about the release date for SO4 when people are "done playing the SO1 and SO2 remakes." ...but it takes longer for different people, S-E. C'mon!
- Supposedly, the battles are actually already playable.
- The story is complete, and there might even be some surprises regarding the setting, which could be revealed at TGS this month.
- It really will be an "ocean of stars," so you'll be able to pilot a ship through the galaxy and visit new worlds. There won't be only a few worlds here and there, either; there should be many different planets to visit.
- The man and woman in that screenshot are the hero and heroine (remember Claude and Rena from SO2?); the heroine's name is Reimi and the hero's name is Edge Maverick.
- You will be able to have four party members in battle this time around, which is a nice upgrade from the three we were limited to in previous installments.
- It should be a brand new combat system, which "doesn't really feel like SO3."
- Private Actions are making their return. Yay!
We'll be on the lookout for more info at TGS and later on down the road. As soon as we know which console Star Ocean 4 is headed to, you'll know moments later.
Related Game(s): Star Ocean 4
9/5/2007 Ben Dutka