Sega Confirms 2007 Release Dates
Sega has stepped forward and provided MCVUK with its release schedule for this year, and there is some disappointing news: perhaps their most anticipated next-gen title, The Club, has slipped to 2008. The action game for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC was initially scheduled to ship right around Christmas of this year.
Project Gotham Racing developers Bizarre Creations remain hard at work on The Club, though, and we do hope to discover more details before year's end. And at the same time, we have release dates for a number of Sega's imminent projects, and that includes the likes of Sega Rally for the PS3, Xbox 360, PC and PSP, Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars and Sonic Rivals 2 for the PSP, and The Golden Compass for all major platforms. Check out the full list below:
- Sonic Rush Adventure (DS) September 14th
- Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars (PSP) September 28th
- SEGA Rally (X360/PS3/PSP/PC) September 28th
- Virtua Fighter 5 (X360) October 26th
- Universe at War: Earth Assault (PC) November 2nd
- Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP) November 2nd
- Ghost Squad (Wii) November 2nd
- The Golden Compass (PS3/X360/PS2/Wii/DS/PSP) November 30th
- The Club (360/PS3/PC) Early 2008
Final Note- the original source that provided this list is UK-based, so there is the possibility that these dates only apply to Europe. But we don't believe that's the case, although we'll make sure to update if it is.
9/8/2007 Ben Dutka