New L.A. Noire Details: Only Suited For PS3?
It may not be arriving until 2008, but Team Bondi's historic and intense action/adventure title, L.A. Noire, is already garnering a lot of attention. We've heard very little about the game to this point, but Kotaku has apparently uncovered more details thanks to "exclusive information" delivered by a Team Bondi member's blog. Perhaps most interesting is yet another example of a developer claiming a game is "too big" to be on any other console but the PS3.
We've known for a while that L.A. Noire is supposed to be exclusive to the PS3, but it may only be a console exclusive, because according to this info, it seems the game may also come to the PC. Check 'em out:
- The game will be a free-roaming title with a historically-accurate recreation of Los Angeles in 1947.
- Team Bondi has even hired a costume designer to research the clothing of the era so the game's attire can be accurate (realism is always good).
- Besides the main story, side missions will be based on actual cases pulled straight of the newspapers of 1947.
- A US Marine plays a big role in the story...although we're not sure why.
- Maybe the game isn't so exclusive...but LA Noire definitely ain't coming to Xbox 360, the size of the game is an obstacle to this.
We would hope these details are accurate, and if they are, L.A. Noire definitely sounds like a worthwhile title. We'd like to hear more about the project, of course, but we'll take this for now.
Related Game(s): L.A. Noire
10/8/2007 Ben Dutka