MotorStorm Update 3.0 Ready Tomorrow?
We still have to confirm whether or not this update hits the U.S. at the same time, as the source is the European PlayStation community. However, it's a major update so it'll likely be available in all territories before too long, and we hope to hear an official announcement some time this week.
It's the 3.0 client update for MotorStorm, and it's just plain loaded with a lot of additions and enhancements. Best of all, it should be available by tomorrow, October 25! Here's the list posted up by Lestrade at the Official PlayStation Community's website-
- Added vibration support for DUALSHOCK 3 controller with adjustable sensitivity settings.
- Grid order has been randomised for first race in any online lobby.
- Finishing positions in your last race now determine your starting grid position in the next race within the same online lobby.
- On-screen indicator has been added to show whether voice comms are issuing from TV or headset – As before, please press and hold L1 (R1 if using control scheme ‘B’) to toggle headset output through TV or Headset.
- Sensitivity Settings for SIXAXIS™ Motion Sensor control have been added.
- ‘Gloating Index’ has been added to the Stats card – The Gloating index gives guidance as to a racer’s online prowess. It takes into account the number of people you’ve beaten in each race and the number of people that have beaten you. Use the gloating index to spot the players to beat in each race! Try and rank your Gloating Index up to the perfect ‘10’.!
- Several causes for an occasional snagging issue which would destroy vehicles on suspension impact have been addressed.
- Further fixes to prevent the occasional statistics reset issue have been applied.
- Fixed an occasional issue with inaccuracies in Eliminator finishing results.
- Fixed an issue where winners leaving Eliminator before race completed could cause issues for other players in lobby.
That's right, you're looking at Dual Shock 3 compatibility, that cool "Gloating Index" and several fixes. Not too shabby, eh?
Related Game(s): MotorStorm
10/24/2007 Ben Dutka