Important Features Hit For Early Home Build
Well, if we look at these updates, the reason for the PlayStation Home delay seems clear: they weren't even close, were they?
According to members of the PSU forums, there are a bunch of important new features now included in build 0.7.7 of the PlayStation Home beta. The following list of updates just hit today, which means these were not available earlier and without them...well, it would've made for a pretty anemic Home launch this fall. Take a look:
- There's a new building in the world, although you can't enter it yet.
- You are finally able to enter your Home Space's patio (uhhh...you couldn't before?).
- You can now use your own pictures in your Home Space (a giant and much-advertised addition).
- A game launching option has been added, though it is not functioning completely at the present time (another feature lauded by Sony).
- The cinema's movie theatres have transferred from the second floor to the first floor.
- America, Japan, and Europe each have their own server now (woah, they didn't before?).
As you can see, several of these updates are extraordinarily significant, so now we have a better understanding as to why Home was delayed. Hopefully, we'll hear more about an open Home beta in North America before too long, and we also want to see an official launch date for the spring. As soon as we know, you'll know.
11/27/2007 Ben Dutka