PS3 News: Blu-Ray Still Slaughtering HD-DVD: 76:24 - PS3 News

Members Login: Register | Why sign up? | Forgot Password?

Blu-Ray Still Slaughtering HD-DVD: 76:24

  The mountain that Blu-Ray is building is getting much, much steeper and the chances of HD-DVD climbing it are looking slimmer by the week. For the week ending December 9th, Nielsen Video Scan's official numbers summarize an enormous 76:24 advantage for Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray titles accounted for eight out of ten spots of last week's best high-definition sellers, with Pirates 3 leading strong at number-one. The year to date has Blu-Ray ahead far away with 65% of the market share, and HD-DVD holding the remaining 35%.

   Overall, since the introduction of both formats, Blu-Ray's hold continues to be rock solid, as Sony's medium controls 62% of the high-def market share, compared to 38% of HD-DVD. While a select few analysts believe that HD-DVD should experience a resurgence, we're of the opinion that it's unlikely. With a large selection of titles, a rumor that Warner Bros. will jump over to the Blu-Ray camp, Blu-Ray drives being attached to PCs at a higher rate, and the recent spike of PlayStation 3 sales, it's only a matter of time before BD completely dominates the HD sector.

12/14/2007 Arnold Katayev

Put this on your webpage or blog:
Email this to a friend
Follow PSX Extreme on Twitter

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Google Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Digg Share on Google Buzz Share via E-Mail Share via Tumblr Share via Posterous

New Comment System

Legacy Comment System (0 posts)

There are no comments to display.

Leave a Comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

Our Poll

How often do you visit the site?
Once a day
Several times a day
Every few days
Once a week
This is my first visit
I've never been here, even now I am not here

Previous Poll Results