The Orange Box Patch In Detail, List Inside
*Fixed a graphical issue whereby a player would have the explosion effect left on the end of their Rocket Launcher when attempting to Rocket Jump.
* Fixed a memory leak to improve single player stability.
* Fixed an issue whereby the players name would not appear on the Stats comparison screen.
* We have fixed an issue that would cause the vote tallies to disappear when you viewed the scoreboard between rounds.
* Fixed an online server issue.
* Fixed an issue that caused a crash when a player that wasn’t in Division 1 entered ‘Your Leaderboards.
* Fixed an issue with players not always being added to the ‘Players Met’ menu on the XMB.
* Fixed a bug where a player viewing a friend without an EA account would have an empty entry in the friend’s Leaderboard.
* Fixed an issue where it was not possible to connect to the EA servers if you had more than 30 friends.
Quite an extensive list of updates, I must say. Unfortunately it doesn't answer one specific concern: the framerate. One of the most frequent and problematic issues of The Orange Box was its terrible framerate when playing Episode Two and Portal. Perhaps it's just not an issue EA wanted to admit to, but we don't see why. If any of you guys reading this have downloaded the patch, report on your experiences with the framerate in the comments box below.
Related Game(s): The Orange Box
3/20/2008 Arnold Katayev