SOCOM: Confrontation Confirmed For Europe
Fans of intense online experiences are going to be happy to hear this: SCEE has officially announced SOCOM: Confrontation, and they've revealed plenty of details to go along with it.
Confrontation will - of course - be exclusive to the PlayStation 3, allow up to 32 players on any given map, and boast "full characterization of the world's most elite fighting forces." The VideoGaming247 blog posted up the rest of the information, and it is as follows:
- Intense online combat experience with up to 32 players delivered in High Definition
- Seven highly detailed maps
- New engine built for PS3 with advanced physics, lighting and ballistics including penetration modeling
- Choice of playing as one of five special forces units: United States Navy SEALs, Special Air Service (SAS, United Kingdom), Kommando Spezialkräfte (KSK, Germany), Unidad de Operaciones Especiales (UOE, Spain), 1er Régiment de Parachutistes d’Infanterie de Marine (1er RPIMa, France)
- Unrivalled Community Features with increased clan & ladder support
- Tournaments available at the regional, national and global levels
- Advanced player matching enable players to form teams with their friends and easily join an online game
- Integration with SOCOM.com: Stat tracking, clan management tools, My SOCOM pages and more
This announcement didn't come with an exact release date, but Gamespress says Confrontation is scheduled for November. It is already confirmed that it will arrive in the US on September 16, so hopefully, Euro gamers won't have to wait too much longer. As soon as Sony solidifies a date, we'll relay the information ASAP. In the meantime, you should be all kinds of excited; this is going to be a fantastic addition to the Network.
Related Game(s): Socom: Confrontation
3/31/2008 Ben Dutka