Warhawk v1.3 Details, Available Today?
We're all anticipating the awesome Operation Broken Mirror add-on for Warhawk, but in the meantime, let's not forget about the v1.3 update, which has apparently been made available to European gamers.
It seems that despite the servers going down for maintenance, players can still download the patch, which consists of the following features:
- Bio-Field Emitter (Creates a healing zone for allies and a damage zone for enemies)
- Mechanic Field Wrench (can be used to repair allied vehicles and turrets as well as damage enemy vehicles and turrets)
- Integration of Contest Winner Insignias and Paint Schemes
- .50cal turret targeting enhanced
- Point value update for CTF defend and flag-carrier kill
- CTF Sudden-Death trigger fix
- Disabled CTF Flag throw/drop functionality
- New VOIP Functionality
- Launch Warhawk from within PlayStation Home
We'd like to assume this patch is available to US users as well, but we haven't heard anything official from Incognito. Typically, they update the PlayStation blog when they're about to release a patch or expansion, and we also get an announcement via e-mail. Considering we've seen none of that, perhaps this is just a glitch...maybe you're not supposed to download v1.3 just yet, but some users can. Either way, though, it's a good-lookin' patch, and one all Warhawk fans will appreciate.
Related Game(s): Warhawk
4/2/2008 Ben Dutka